Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Pumping Chronicles #3

I just want to rant (okay maybe rage for a second). About breastfeeding. ... I'm going to admit it, I LOVE breastfeeding my kids (right now its just the baby obviously so chill). I LOVE that I am able to breastfeed my baby. I LOVE that baby pajamas has never had even an ounce of formula. And want to know something else? I'm fucking PROUD of myself for being able to stick through the hard work.

Let me let you in on a little secret, breastfeeding isnt easy. Its also not for everyone and I totally understand that, I also totally understand that milk dries up early, and shit happens that may have ryined your plans to breastfeed. I recognize that it's shitty and that it was probably really sad for you.... So here comes a fucking truth bomb...

When little pajamas was a baby it was all "BREAST IS BEST!" All the time. Now I have baby pajamas, and whole breastfeeding is still considered the best, suddenly I have to tread lightly when talking about that success, because that rhetoric is so strong that people feel bad about using formula... Can we all please stop fucking shaming each other for our damn parenting choices??? I want to be able to celebrate my breastfeeding success and talk about my breastfeeding goals without feeling like when I post a picture of my freezer stash I may be hurting my friends, if it does hurt you, let me know! Ill probably offer you some to give your baby.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, but there has been so much pride lately for formula feedinf mothers, and that's awesome. However of your breast feeding, or pumping, or exclusively pumping GOOD FOR YOU. Its amazing that we can give this gift to our babies isnt it? Itsnt it great to not have to buy formula? Isnt it convenient to not have to bring bottles with us everywhere unless we choose to? Be proud of yourself and your baby no matter what you are feeding it. You are all doing a good job!!

And hey just incase you care ( I want you to care!) I am about half way to my goal with baby pajamas. He's 9 months and id love to make it to 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment